Tuesday, February 15, 2011

V-day

For Valentine's day this year we decided to not spend money on each other. We can show our love to each other through acts of service, kind words and lots of hugs and kisses.

Jeff started our V-day off right, with heart shaped pink pancakes. And they were perfect, of course.

You know how you "imagine" a perfect evening, everything planned from the menu to the decor, love put into everything you do...and then it fails miserably!!? Yeah, I think this would sum up my Valentine's Day to the tee!

I started writing everything I did to make it a special V-day for my family and how plans failed miserably, but decided to delete it. All that matters was that I tried and just because it didn't live up to my expectations, doesn't mean I failed or my plan failed. My family knows that I love them and that's ALL that matters!

It was such a gorgeous day that Jeff took the kids outside to golf while I worked on dinner. I can see this becoming a habit with Sullivan, he seems to grab his plastic golf club every time we go outside now.

Here we are getting ready to start a fabulous dinner...

We had fondue, unfortunately one bite of steak per fondue stick took about 15 min. to cook. The kids hated waiting and we ended up doing our V-day FHE Olympics while our food cooked. And by that time, they didn't want dinner anymore. Still, it was yummy. And, the FHE Olympics was fun for a few games and then the kids just kept playing and wouldn't listen so I gave up. But, they had fun and that is all that I care about.

All in All, our Valentine's was nice. And though we are a very loving family most of the time, it was nice to do just a little more on this holiday.

No comments: