Thursday, March 24, 2011

Taking a break

Jeff happened to have a business trip that was in Utah and I decided I wanted to go with him even if it meant hanging out in the hotel with the kids and swimming all day (rough, I know). We took the kids out of school for three days (yikes!), but it was oh so worth it. Plus, I don't think they've missed but one or two days all school year anyway. For some reason when I justify it like that, it makes me feel better.

Here we are waiting on Jeff to grab some things from the office before we hit the road. I think this picture is so funny. For some reason, London had to wear this hat from an old Tavaci concert and you'll see it on her through out these pictures. It reminds me so much of Jeff's younger sister Melanie. Every time we watch slides of his family, or look through their pictures it seemed to me that Melanie always wore these goofy hats as well.

We noticed they had several of these new signs out. If you knew anything about me, you would know how happy I was to see them.

Sullivan loves hide and go seek. The girls play with him often when we are at home. He usually hides right before Jeff goes to work and Jeff has to find him to say good-bye before he leaves and he find the most hilarious spots...mostly under blankets, curtains and dirty clothes in the laundry room. We were getting ready to leave the hotel room and so he hid again. Funny kid!


After we checked in and after Jeff set up for the show, we took the kids to the church history museum where they have a new exhibit of art work from kids across the world. I'm a sucker for things like this! It was our first stop!


Here are my favorite ones that were displayed...







They have a little computer area for children to make their own art work to be displayed on a big screen and my kids were loving playing with it.


London was the only one to finish one though. It is a picture of her reading the Book of Mormon.

I tried to get a picture of her standing in front of the big screen when her picture rotated through, but this was the best I could get with the lighting. At least you know it is her because of that orange hat!

Jeff and Sullivan riding the escalators...or "alligators" as London would say. I think this was Sullivan's favorite part of the museum.

Have you seen the new one by Walter Rane...I LOVE IT! Hands down, he's one of my favorite artists.

After we were done with the museum, we quickly ran across the street to Temple Square...my old mission stomping ground. So much has changed! I think this is the point where Jeff was ready to go...too many activities that were "best behavior" places for a 2 year old.

I'll post more of our Utah trip later...I've got some things that need to get done ASAP!

No comments: