Saturday, September 22, 2012

I had the opportunity to go on a field trip with all the 2nd graders in London's school. I was in charge of 5 kids and helped them untangle and bait their hooks (k, seriously I wouldn't kill a worm so luckily a little boy in our group did all the baiting). We spent forever fishing. I just wanted one kid in my group to catch a fish. Finally we noticed that all the fish were be caught by the bridge and so we went over there and all of the kids I was in charge of caught one.
I was really worried about London. She usually faints when she sees any kind of blood. I held her tight next to my side because she started looking more and more pale. Just the week before they were dissecting frogs in class and she passed out in front of everyone. A nice gentleman could see the problem and offered to take the fish for her. Though the torture for London continued because the school makes the kids weigh each fish and then hold it for a picture. This guy stayed with us and helped London weigh it without touching it and also held it in front of her for the picture too. (Where was I you ask...no way am I touching a bloody fish either!) I'm sure we both looked pretty pathetic! London did not faint, but got really sick and we went for a walk to get some fresh air. I'm just so proud that she caught a fish.
Getting her color back after eating lunch.
Touring the fish hatchery.
And for the finale...they gutted a fish and cooked it. We were at square one with London again! :)

No comments: