Friday, August 6, 2010

"Cold on the outside, warm on the inside."

What a special day this was! At the beginning of the year, I knew that Kamryn's baptism was looming closer and closer and that I really needed to crack down with certain FHE's to teach her as much as possible before she could make such a big decision. Luckily though, Kamryn is one smart cookie and everything that we taught her she had already known and she had already made the decision to be baptized at age 8 a long, long time ago. We worked on each Article of Faith and she even quoted the
4th one to Bishop Hope during her interview. We taught of fasting, prayer, reading scriptures, obedience etc.,. Life gets a little tougher after your baptism and we wanted to make sure she had the knowledge/strength going into this.

The Spanish branch was in charge for the month and they gave some great talks on baptism and the Holy Ghost. Kamryn was one of seven children baptized on June 5. I've been to these stake baptisms many times, and it has literally felt like herding cattle, but today was different. I guess no matter how they do it, the spirit is felt! My little girl was surrounded by family and friends as she wore a white jumper and slowly descended down the steps into the luke warm water of the baptismal font where her Dad was waiting. She knew exactly where to place her hands because I witnessed several practices with her Daddy through out the weeks previously. Grandpa Pope and Grandpa Stoker stood to the side as witnesses to make sure that every part of Kamryn was submerged and that Jeff said everything correctly. All the little cousins/friends kneeled in front so that they could get a better view. Jeff then asked Kamryn "Are you ready?" In my heart, I answered for her...had we done everything possible as her earthly parents to help her prepare for this day. YES! She was definitely ready! She was then baptized, simple as that. She hugged Jeff and climbed the stairs where I was waiting with a towel to scoop up my sweetheart and congratulate and love her. She then tells me in the dressing room after I asked her how she felt, she said "Cold on the outside, warm on the inside." I hope she will always remember this special day!






1 comment:

lesmisgirl said...

She's amazing. What an awesome kid, and what awesome experiences she's had. I'm happy that I was able to be there!