Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Pierced Ears

Yep, I did it!! London has been bugging me non-stop since she learned how to speak (practically)for me to let her get her ears pierced. When I was little, my Mom made me wait till I was 12 (though she said I was 14 yrs old). I was grateful for that though. Jeff and I had a huge discussion about this and the reasons I have reservations about this is that I'm afraid of what people will think/say about it. Ear piercing seems to be right up there with "should I let my 8 year old daughter watch High School Musical." It does seem silly, but honestly I want to own the title "World's Best Mama" and something this trivial could ruin that title, in my mind.

So...in my attempts to be "who cares what people'll think of me" and took both my girls (of course K wanted them because her "younger" sister was getting them) to the nearest ear piercing place and ruined the 3 generations streak of women in our family not having pierced ears.

As you can see in the photos, London smiled through the pain (she wanted them that badly). And Kamryn, not wanting to be upstaged by her "younger" sister winced, but didn't cry either. My tough chicks!!! I did have a twinge of regret (especially after paying for them...$80, seriously?), but that has passed and I have been having so much fun shopping for cute earings to match new cute back to school clothing.





3 comments:

Da Franklin's said...

Jen ever since I was little I would think Jen is going to be an awesome mom. When you got married I thought Jen is going to be such a great mom and now that I am a mom I always think to myself when dealing with my kids is what would Jen do in this situation. YOU ARE THE WORLDS GREATEST MOM ear piercings and all!!!!!!

Jen said...

Aww...Danielle, thanks for that sweet comment! I can honestly say "ditto" to you.

The Mangelson Family said...

Spencer's cousin's wife (who's from Peru) saw Kimby when she was probably 6 months old and asked why I hadn't pierced her ears yet. Apparently they pierce newborn's ears at the hospital in Peru! If anyone judges you because you got their ears pierced when they were 6 or 8, they have some ISSUES! And I agree with Danielle, you are an AMAZING mom and I want to be more like you! =)