Sunday, February 17, 2008

The things they say

Some are funny, some are profound, most just make me smile...


  • "No, I'm going to be a Gogger." Said after London bandaged my toes and fingers up with tape so I asked her if she was going to grow up to be a nurse. Gogger=Doctor
  • "They look like they're having fun. I wish I was with them." Kamryn said after watching the Sound of Music. I mentioned it to her that I dress her and London in matching outfits sometimes and we skip together, but she didn't think it was the same.
  • "Friends don't laugh at people." London told Kamryn after she was teasing her.
  • "But, I'm not laughing!" London said something funny while we were driving and we all started laughing and I said something to the affect of we're not laughing at you, we're laughing with you.
  • "He's my favorite prophet." Kamryn said with tears in her eyes as Jeff told her that we were going to watch the prophet's funeral.
  • "Mom, I used to like to play and watch cartoons, but now I like to sing." Kamryn stated after a Tavaci class and the "but now I like to sing" was said in a sing-song voice...so cute!
  • "Me don't like that boy, me like the skinny boy." London said after watching Lilo and Stitch. She has been quite sensitive to movies lately, a lot like me. She hates when characters are mean to other characters and she gets upset about it. Not only that, but she cries over movies already. Jeff put in Charlotte's Web last night and I was like why did you pick that one. A few minutes later she came in upset because wilbur was sad. I was traumatized when I was a little girl after I watched Gorillas of the Mist. I've never cried so hard in my life and I still get teary eyed thinking about that movie.
  • "I saw a girl in McDonald's that said she was from America, maybe I'll see her sometime." I had a quick Geography lesson with Kamryn after that comment.
  • And finally, not really a quote, but a note I received from Kamryn after making cinnamon french toast with spicy cider syrup for breakfast...it said "Dag Yoo." That cracks me up. She was meaning to write "Thank You" and her teacher tells her that you write it like you hear it and at this point in kindergarten they don't worry too much about spelling, just getting the vowels in there and practicing writing. She is so cute.

3 comments:

Ray said...

Out of the mouth of babes! Isn't it great. :)

Anonymous said...

So, so cute! :)

Stephen Paul Webb said...

"I saw a girl in McDonald's that said she was from America, maybe I'll see her sometime." I had a quick Geography lesson with Kamryn after that comment.

Classic! It definitely makes me look forward to having one!