Monday, August 25, 2008

Summer ends and School begins

Anyone need a trim? Just ask London, she is great at cutting hair...especially her own!

Kammi lost yet another tooth. We are now teaching her how to floss in between her big teeth. She never needed to floss before because of her great spacing in between her baby teeth.

The girls had their end of the summer dance performance and Kammi got to wear this cute tu tu. She loved jumping on the trampoline with it on.


We went with some friends to the drive in and watched Journey to the center of the Earth and Get Smart. Kammi enjoyed the first movie, however Jeff and I weren't impressed by it. Get Smart was laugh out loud funny. I loved it!

Every year, my mom takes the grand kids shopping for a new outfit for school. Check out the outfit Kammi picked out for her first day of school at the very bottom of this post. So, not only did my parents take my kids shopping, but they also brought London's birthday present (I will post pics later) and a little make up kit for Kamryn. Later that night, the girls gave me a make over. I had hot pink fingernails and white make up all over with star hair clippies in my hair. Beautiful huh!

This weekend was the dedication of the Twin Falls Temple. It was so beautiful and I am so grateful that I was able to be a part of everything. The Youth Cultural Celebration was absolutely amazing. The hours that must have went into each dance, song and costume! Wow!

The best part of the YCC was the Idaho Potato rap.

And finally...
Here she is...our first grader. I am happy that she is happy, that she is confident and is able to make friends easily and that she is smart. It really does make sending her off to school much easier for me, though I already miss her and she has only been gone 2 hours.

4 comments:

Adams said...

She does look Cute!!

popedl said...

I loved shopping with the kids. They pretty much like eveything.
They also did a great job on your make-up!!
Love, Grandma Pope

Stephen Paul Webb said...

Wow. I can't believe how big the girls are. It seems like last week that Kammi was sitting comfortably in Jeff's baseball glove in San Diego.

Jamie and Malorie and Clan said...

1st grader? Man am I getting old? I still remember the road trip we went on when she was like a month old. Wow, time really flies! That's a great outfit Kammi! Mal and I both enjoyed the Twin Falls temple dedication as well.