Friday, August 15, 2008

Errands

When we lived in Rexburg and only had one car, I walked everywhere! It was the only way for me to get my errands done, get the kids out of the house, exercise and stay happy. It worked and I loved it. After losing some weight this year, I hit a plateau which I have stayed at this WHOLE summer. It is frustrating. Though, I understand that being inconsistent with exercise/eating right this summer has a lot to do with it. I am trying to get back on track. I decided that I had so much fun walking around accomplishing tasks in Rexburg that I'd try that again. I didn't really factor in the fact that both girls have an extra 20 pounds on them and that I decided to do it during the hottest time of the day.

We started by having a picnic at the park.

Playing at the park was a must!

Our first stop was the bank where both girls got suckers.

The girls got tired of riding on the scooter, so both hopped into my single stroller. They were both so squished and hot, but it was the best that we could do.

The snow cone stop was our favorite!


We finally made it to the swimming pool where the girls enjoyed cooling off!

The goal was to walk back to our car after swimming, but I was just to exhausted from the heat. We ended up calling Jeff who rescued us :) Maybe we can try this again after the fall weather comes.

6 comments:

Catherine said...

you sure are motivated! good for you.. but your right it is much easier to walk around in Rexburg weather than Jerome.. (except when the ground is really ice) good luck on your weight loss adventures.. i started out really great on mine and almost have gained it all back since we moved here...(i'm such a slacker!)

Jodi said...

You're awesome and your girls are beautiful. I'm starting a weight watchers group that starts in Sept. I'm sooooo excited to get back on track. Maybe we can both look HOT for our next family reunion. ;)

Da Franklin's said...

I bet you dropped like 5 pounds that day! You look great and I know you will achieve your goals.

The Mangelson Family said...

When I was reading this, I thought that you had walked to all of these places from your house and I thought you were crazy to walk that far- especially with Kammi and London, but then I saw that you were going to walk back to your van and it made better sense. You are so much more motivated than I am! I am WAY too lazy to do anything like that. =)

Jamie and Malorie and Clan said...

Sounds like a lot of fun!!! I walked around Jensen's grove this week on my lunch hour. I guess I got tired of all my pants no longer fitting! =)

popedl said...

I just saw you last week and you look beautiful. Your efforts must be working.
Love, Mom