Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Valentine's

Our Valentine's wasn't what we planned this year, but it was still a lot of fun. Jeff was gone for the week on a business trip to California and was supposed to return Thursday evening. That all changed when Jeff was bumped from his flight and wouldn't be coming home till late the next day. I was so disappointed. Jeff is gone on business quite a bit, especially in the month of February. On top of that, I was really sick with a respitory infection and if you know anything about me, fighting an infection in my lungs is not so easy. I just really needed Jeff and to hear that he wouldn't be home when he was supposed to was really frustrating to me. But, we survived and it was actually exciting to take a road trip with the kids to go pick him up at the airport. We ended up getting a hotel room for the night, which was great especially since his flights were delayed and we didn't even pick up Jeff from the airport until late.

The girls love airport reunions...the sign was their idea. Jeff felt pretty loved!

Sullivan experienced his first time swimming in a pool. We woke him up after he was down for the night, so he is quite tired in all of his pictures. The girls also had a great time playing Marco/Polo with Jeff after I had to take sleepy boy back to the room so that he could go to bed.





Sullivan hogging the bed again. He is so tired.

These two...I love my girls so much. Even though they fight by day, they still love each other and need to snuggle by night.

Valentine's Day

While Jeff and I were dating, we frequented an Italian restaurant called Louie's. It was an out of the way joint that not many people knew about and the food was amazingly good. I swear we ate there at least twice a week. It was so romantic. The walls were painted with images of Italy. We usually sat right infront of a fireplace and we rarely had other costumers in the room with us and we'd talk of our future. Just thinking about this gets me all giddy inside. While we were on our missions, Louie's went out of business (so sad).

So, we were so excited when we discovered a Louie's in Meridian, Idaho. Though it definitely isn't the same as the Louie's that we were used to, it still brings back those memories. So, we took the kids to eat at Louie's for lunch on Valentine's day.

Fried Ravioli

The rest of the day was spent shopping, though we didn't buy much. It was still a great V-day.

I also made the girls these dresses, though the pictures don't do them much justice. They are super cute and sparkly too. I was just pleased that I was actually able to finish one of my projects.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Swimming and everything. You Guys Are the best.
Love Grandma Pope

Jodie said...

Sounds like your Valentine's Day was wonderful! And I love the dresses you made. Super cute!

Jodi said...

Looks like a great time. Hope you're feeling better Jen!

James and Lauren said...

i LOVE those swimming trunks... i like your style girl!