Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Jeff's family came to see the progress of our house. I think they liked it. They even mentioned that we should have Thanksgiving at our house this year :) What do you think, should I take that on???






Went to visit my family while Jeff was away on business. This picture is comparing how big Sullivan is to Emree. Dad obviously doesn't understand "Don't get us in the picture."





We've always wanted to see some base jumpers in action. We finally had the chance to watch and it was really exciting. It definitely confirmed my decision to never do it myself though. Jeff and I joked that we marked this off of our bucket list, but how pathetic it was that we just wanted to watch and not actually base jump. What can I say, I'm a wimp.



Lately we've been buying stuff for our new house. We've been really strict with our budget for the last 2 years and saved enough to buy new couches, a fridge and a new TV (hey, priorities!). Though, I've accustomed myself to saving, not spending and it was difficult for me to pay for such big ticket items. What has happened to me! We decided that the television was to fun to leave in the box and so we set it up and watched Monsters vs. Aliens as a family. Wow...what a difference a big TV makes! I love it!

Sullivan is watching Baby Einstein.

I put the table in front of it because it didn't look that stable to me.

Lastly, here is the house today...

We've had about a week setback due to the snow we got last week. They are supposed to finish the roof today (shingles and all) and we met with the electrician yesterday. I am doubtful that it will be done before the end of the month, but still hopeful that we will be close enough that we can move everything into the garage. I don't mind living out of a suitcase for a week or so, but beyond that I'm not so sure.

5 comments:

Jackie B. said...

wow the house is really coming along. Here's to hoping no more snow...so you can get in your house...then it can snow all it wants. :)

And yes i think it would be fun to break in your house hosting Thanksgiving. Then you don't have to travel and you get to sleep in your own bed. :)

lesmisgirl said...

What a lovely picture that is of me!! Thanks Jen!! :) I'm really excited to see the house when it's done--it's been a long time coming. Don't worry about Thanksgiving if you don't want to--I would freak out having that many people/spills in a new house too!

lesmisgirl said...

P.S. I covet your t.v.

Jen said...

Thou shall not covet! Just come visit often ;)

Jamie and Malorie and Clan said...

Looks great guys! Can't wait to see what your place looks like next spring! Seeing Jeff driving around on a yard tractor will be a hoot!