Monday, October 19, 2009

Will I ever get used to this!

A week ago during sacrament meeting at our church, London gets a tiny paper cut. She shows me, tells me she needs to go home and get a bandaid. I tell her that we have to stay for the meeting first and as soon as we get home, I will get her one. She stares at that little cut forever, she even made a drop of blood come out. I guess it has been so long in between incidents, that I completely forgot how London reacts to seeing blood. The meeting continues, she colors. Then she snuggles in close to me and tells me she's hungry. Then she tells me her tummy hurts (which she tells me EVERYDAY, usually it means she's hungry or needing to use the restroom). Then she starts to sweat and I look down at her and she's completely pale and starting to go limp. I do some weird funky sign language to Jeff up on the stand and he nods in understanding. I ask a family in front of me and behind me to take care of my kids and I proceed to leave with London. I lay her on the couch (luckily no one is out in the halls) and she just starts thrashing around, still coherent though. She's sweating, pale and moving around like she is completely uncomfortable. She start complaining that she feels like she is going to throw up, so we move to the bathroom. I put her up on the counter and grab some paper towels to soak up some of the sweat when she passes out. She goes completely limp in my arms and her head flops backward and starts bouncing and her eyes are rolling back in her head. I think "she didn't pass out, she's having a seizure." You've got to remember that I am not good in these situations. I freak out! I lay her on the ground, yell for help down the hallway. Luckily, some Mom came and sat with poor little London on the ground (who was wide awake now, still pale and sweating). I ran into the back of our sacrament meeting and waved down Jeff and he came running. He grabs her, holds her like she was a little baby, kisses her, wipes her sweat off and makes her laugh. (Why couldn't I have done that?) He totally made things better and she started regaining color and recovering. I still thought that she had a seizure, but after talking to a doctor in our ward I've come to find out that it was just the position she was in when she fainted. I felt a little sheepish making a big scene like I did, though only a few people even noticed.

2 comments:

Holly said...

I would totally freak out.

James and Lauren said...

I would have done the same thing... dont worry!