Wednesday, October 14, 2009

A little bit of this and a little bit of that

Fireplace was framed out.

Jetted tub is framed out.

Windows/doors came and were installed.

The columns were framed out.

If you were to ask me what my favorite feature of the house is, I'd say my jetted tub. However, these little guys (on the wall, if you can see them) come in second place. These are our individual reading lights. Anyway, the nice part about them is that we each have our own light switches and don't have to get out of bed once we are ready to quit reading and go to sleep. I can stay up reading late into the night if I'd like. Gah, I love them!

Finished framing out the kitchen.

Stairs

Girls sitting by the "fat boy" tub.


Electrical is almost done, we just need a final inspection.

Side of the house


I see this waste pile every time we visit the house (every night) and I can't let those perfectly square pieces of wood go to waste. I snag some here and there and hopefully I will be able to do a fun craft with them.


Back of the house


Back porch, with roof overhang.


Side of the house



It is doubtful that the house will be finished in the next two weeks. Our contractor is letting us stay in one of his spec homes temporarily until the house is finished. We plan on moving most stuff to a storage unit which is very close to our house and bringing only the basic necessities with us while we stay in the spec home. This isn't a desired option, but we will make it. I might need to use friends laundry facilities for a few weeks and we'll be eating out a lot since we won't have a fridge. They will be sheet rocking starting Monday. It should go fast after that. The next two weeks we will be packing up, cleaning and moving out.

8 comments:

Jamie said...

Your house looks so good!.!.!.
You could donate those blocks of wood for the Super Saturday project those little blocks that say "Joy" and you could do some that say Family for Chrismtas Gifts.

Anonymous said...

The house looks amazing!! We still need to go walk through..maybe we will this weekend! :)

If you need to do laundry here or need anything else, you know you're welcome to!! Glad they've got a place for you to stay while it's being finished though!

Jackie B. said...

wow! its looking so great!! Can't wait to play games one night. ;) hint hint. lol.

You could use our washer/dryer too. you can have a load @ Emily's and one at ours. going twice as fast.

Jen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Holly said...

Hi! Thanks for leaving me a comment on my blog. We are building right now too! Isn't it fun to see it all coming together! :)

PS are all of your kids adopted?

Jen said...

Jamie-We just went over to the house to check on the progress and they got rid of all the waste pile. I was so sad! I was at least hoping to pick up enough to make one that spells family.

I really like Jackie's idea...doing 2 loads of laundry at the same time. Also, I might just come over and use your couch. I wonder how my back will feel after 2 weeks on nothing to sit on but a mattress.

And Holly, thanks for your comment. It is funny how much we have in common...building at the same time, adoption. My oldest and youngest are adopted. My middle child was a very happy surprise.

Jamie and Malorie and Clan said...

Exciting stuff! I can't wait to see what it looks like in two to three years with some serious landscaping done! Congrats guys!

Holly said...

SO EXCITING!!