Saturday, January 9, 2010

P365...I hope

January 1
New Years Eve/Day was spent at Jeff's older brother's house in Utah. Emily was born on New Years day 8 years ago, quite the fun birthdate if you ask me. Happily we went to help her celebrate her 8th birthday and to see her baptized the very next day. For part of her birthday celebration her parents took several of her friends and cousins out to watch The Princess and the Frog in the theater. We tagged along to help chaperon. Both Kamryn and London liked the movie, but me not as much.

January 2
Emily's baptism. What a special day it was, well besides for my kids acting up during the talks because they were coming off of a sugar induced holiday...that's my excuse at least. It is always fun for me to go to different wards to see how they do things and I really enjoyed this baptismal service. It was very personalized to Emily, even her Grandparents played a very big part in the music and talks. One thing I really liked and might suggest to our Primary President is that when we were waiting for her to get dressed after the baptism, they handed out 3x5 cards and pens and asked everyone to write their testimonies down. I thought that was just brilliant. Not only will Emily enjoy reading them, but years down the road she can look back at them and remember that special feeling she had on that day and all the support she had from the family that attended.




January 3
This is a typical Sunday for me. If it is not one child, it is another...sometimes all three. You can feel bad for me if you want. ;) New schedule starts at 9:30 and since I am alone on Sunday, it is up to me to get myself ready, all 3 kids, make breakfast and you get the point. When I try to rush, the kids get grumpy and frustrated...I don't blame them. You'd think that after 3 1/2 years of doing this that I'd try to prepare some on Saturday so that Sunday morning would go smoother...nope, not yet.



January 4
School begins. Santa brought London a big craft box full of odds and ends because he knows that London LOVES creating. She bugged me about using the stuff inside, but I put her off knowing that it will come in handy when Kamryn is at school and London is bored. She finally was able to dig in and created this cute frog.



January 5
Had plenty of playing together time today.


January 6
While we were gone to Utah, it snowed and rained. We came home to half our yard frozen. This day was particularly cold, so I picked the girls up at the bottom of our lane. As I was backing up maybe a little too fast, the van slipped into the fence and we got stuck. We all trudged back home and as I shut the door, grabbed the phone to call Jeff our door bell rang. It was our neighbor wanting to help us. I quickly told him we were okay, that Jeff was coming home to help me. He reluctantly left. Did I mention he was like 70 years old? Anyway, 5 minutes later my neighbor came back with our home teacher and a tractor and he had put on his snow suit. How nice was that! He asked for my keys and had my van parked in my drive way before Jeff arrived home. What a blessing!



January 7
I've searched and searched, had many failures, some successes, but I've never made the perfect cinnamon roll. At first, I thought the recipes were the thing that was wrong so I tried several different recipes. Then I thought, maybe it is just the person making them that needs the practice. Well, obviously both were true because I kept at it, kept trying different recipes and I think I FINALLY had a successful, perfect batch of cinnamon rolls. We had a "brinner" Thursday night which consisted of my new found cinnamon rolls and breakfast burritos. The cinnamon rolls were a big hit. They were a little crowded so the middle one was a bit doughy, but other than that the perfect combination of sugary goodness in the middle and soft dough elsewhere. Yum! Jeff was pretty sick this day, you can see him in the corner about ready to upchuck so he completely missed out on my cinnamon rolls. Good excuse to make them this weekend.

3 comments:

James and Lauren said...

Im atempting this as well.... I already missed one day though... :( Poor jeff... tell him i feel bad for him!

lesmisgirl said...

Ahahahahahahaha. That look that London is giving in the Sunday picture is AWESOME!! I'm still laughing about it. That's a great story about your neighbor--it just goes to show that there are people out there that are willing to help, and we need to give them a chance to. :) P.S. I bought "Hunger Games" because everyone kept telling me to read it. We'll see...

Jen said...

I expect a call tonight when you finish it!