Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The stockings were hung by the chimney with care...

Kamryn and London often complain that Sullivan is spoiled...I have no idea where they get that idea from.

Nah, here's what it really looks like...

I love things that have meaning, have some kind of a story to them. My Mom has been embroidering Christmas stockings for as long as I can remember. She embroidered mine for me when I was a baby. She also has done one for each of her grandchildren. As the years have gone on, it has been harder and harder for her to get patterns for these stockings...I think that this art is a dying breed, which makes our Christmas stockings that much more special to me. I wanted to document them in my blog, so enjoy...
Sullivan's real stocking...

London's

Kamryn's

My Mom even made Jeff one...

Mine. It has a big hole in the back because it's so old, not because of the lump of coal I get every year as Jeff suggests.

1 comment:

The Mangelson Family said...

Your posts always make me laugh! But seriously, those stocking are GORGEOUS! Your mom is so awesome (and talented, too).