Thursday, April 21, 2011

All about Kamryn

My eight year old daughter is growing up, soon to be nine years old. She doesn't make my blog nearly enough and for that reason this post is ALL about her...

This post will melt your heart, I promise!!

One morning while Jeff and I slept in, she not only took care of Sullivan and London, but she logged on to allrecipes.com and collected a pancake recipe and proceeded to make pancakes for the family. Scratch that...she made flower, heart and mickey mouse shaped pancakes for the family.




It amazes me that she took the initiative to not only go online and find what she wanted to make, but that she followed the recipe to a tee (even knew what a whisk was) and made the family a fantastic breakfast, set the table and presented it in the best manner she could...all without so much as a "Can you help me Mom?" Or even a "May I Mom." This makes me one proud Momma! It is so true that children learn by the examples they see around them and their is no doubt in my mind that her Daddy (who makes breakfast for the family quite often) helped spark this idea in her mind that she followed through on!

I think this photo will make some future boyfriend a very happy guy.


She bore her testimony today for the very first time. She's been wanting to for awhile, but has been too scared to do it. I was shocked when she scooted right by me and headed for the stand. It was a proud mama moment!

K's been working on her Faith in God booklet and I suggested she learn to sew since that is something I enjoy and feel that it is an important talent to learn, plus she bugs me about sewing together on a daily basis. She chose to make a pillow case, easy straight line to start out on. We went to the fabric store and I thought for sure it would take us all afternoon for her to decide on a fabric for her pillowcare. Nope, not the case...she went right to the boy section and picked out a Thomas the train fabric so she could make her brother a pillowcase. I thought it was so sweet and selfless of her. Here she is after she made it...

Here is the boy enjoying his new pillowcase.

In K's Tavaci class they have a spotlight time where one kid is picked and they bring something they love to class with them to tell everyone all about it, a show and tell basically. One kid brought her horse and had everyone take turns sitting on it, another child brought in some bracelets that she makes. Well, guess what Kam brought in...

Here she is telling everyone about him and why she loves him so much...

He came bearing candy, even shared.

That's my Kammi, she's a good one!

6 comments:

popedl said...

I love this about Kammi!! You forgot to say how brilliant she
is!! You are the best MOM.
Love, Grandma Pope

Anonymous said...

I just love this post about Kammi!! She is a sweetie and I love that story about the pancakes...what a good kid!! :)

James and Lauren said...

I love everything about this! Way to go Kammi!

rebecca said...

Wow! What a great girl! There's something so wonderful about the first daughter. Yeah, Kamryn.

momma buck said...

I Love the way she loves her brother. That was so cool how she wanted to show and tell Sullivan. He even was so intentive as he watched and listened. Then even cooler as he actually shared candy with everyone. You are raising wonderful children! Love you and its so easy!!!!

kY said...

awwww she reminds me of my big sister!! What a sweetheart!