Friday, December 14, 2007

One of those moms...

We had our ward Christmas party last weekend. After the children presented the nativity scene (pictures I will post another time), they gathered in front and sang jingle bells until Santa came. When Santa came into the room, all the kids faces lit up and were so excited except for London whom started crying and calling for mom. She was frozen there in the front row crying for me, she couldn't even move and where do you think I am...taking pictures of that moment (none that turned out so it wasn't worth it in the end). All the parents thought it was cute, so did I, but then looking back I wish I would have rescued her. Makes me get a little teary eyed thinking that I didn't do anything. As Santa got closer to her, she ran to the closest mom she could (thanks Lauren for providing London with a "mom's comfort").

We were reunited and she finally calmed down, but had to be held for the rest of the night. I proceeded to make her get close to Santa so that I could at least have one picture. At least she didn't cry about it. I love taking pictures and capturing every moment of my children, but sometimes (like this time) it wasn't really worth it. I should have just been her "mom" instead of her photographer. Life lesson LEARNED!










1 comment:

Catherine said...

atleast your kids made it to when Santa came... we didn't get so far..lol