Monday, December 3, 2007


Thursday
Why is it that I put everything off until the last minute possible? I knew we'd be leaving for Utah right after Jeff returned home from work today, yet I put off packing and cleaning until Kamryn came home from school (3:35). I do this with other things as well...studying for a test, cleaning the house before company comes, Christmas presents, baby gifts etc.,. Luckily, a friend of mine was able to take Kam to her gymnastics class and I finished up everything in the nick of time (as I always do). By 5:30 we were on our way to Utah for the weekend.

We stayed with Jeff's older brother Justin and his wife Callie. In all honesty, it was like staying in a Bed & Breakfast, yet way better. Meals, free babysitting and entertainment was provided. And, it really helped that they have children around the same ages as London and Kamryn (Emily 5, Brendan 4 and Maryn 9 months). Kamryn said "this was the best day of my life" when asked if she had fun with her cousin Emily.
Friday
Kamryn and London woke up way early because they were so excited to see their cousins. They entertained themselves while Jeff and I slept in till 8 a.m. Jeff left for an appointment soon after. During this time, I mentioned that I wanted to buy Jeff a wii for Christmas but couldn't find one (all sold out where we live). Justin called a bunch of stores for me and actually found one. I couldn't have been happier! I can mention this only because I don't think he even knows I have a blog! It has been difficult to dodge the little statements like "should we go check Best Buy for a wii" or so and so said that shopko is getting a bunch of wii's this weekend. I hope I can stay strong and keep this a secret. Justin snagged Guitar Hero and needless to say that most of our free time was spent playing it. On a little side
note...Justin just had an appendectomy so he couldn't ROCK out as hard as Jeff was!













That night Justin and Callie babysat while we
went to the Jazz/Lakers basketball game. My
only complaints were that MY view wasn't the
greatest (see picture below) and that we bought
2 large Dippin Dots and paid $14 and we both only ate half. Grrr... Other than that, seeing
Jeff so happy made it all worth it. The Jazz
smothered the Lakers and they did it without
their two best players. Hopefully we can attend
at least one more game this season, with the kids.

Saturday
We woke up to a few inches of snow, so Jeff and I went to Target and bought the girls all new winter clothing. While they played in the snow, we were able to get a few games of our own in. All in all, it was a fun birthday weekend.






Thank Justin and Callie for EVERYTHING!

2 comments:

Ray said...

Looks like you guys had a great time!

Anonymous said...

Great photos...look like you had fun! :) Snow even...wow!! :)