Saturday, March 29, 2008

Too short!

Ahhh! Why do I do this to myself! It all started this morning when I suggested we go get the girls a haircut. We talked about what style of cut we'd like for the girls. I mentioned that I thought a "slight" a-line cut would be cute on London because she has the most adorable sweepy bangs. Jeff said no way and that he didn't want a "trendy" cut for the girls hair. I agreed, but I really wanted to cut most of London's hair off in the back because it gets so ratty. I asked him why he wasn't like most husbands and not care what I do with the kids hair. He then told me I could do what I wanted. At first I was like "no, it's okay, you are probably right."


London was up first and I went with her to talk with the lady cutting her hair and I mentioned the slight a-line cut. She told me it wouldn't work because the sides of her hair are way shorter than the back and if we did the a-line cut that it would be super short all over. I quickly changed my mind and London ended up getting an inch or so chopped off with layers all over. It hardly looks like her hair was cut. She still has her adorable sweepy bangs too!


While I was with London, Jeff took Kam to get her hair cut. They picked out a hair cut from a magazine that looked like a bob at shoulder length. He showed the picture to the lady cutting her hair and went and sat down. After London was done, we went and sat down by Jeff. Jeff whispered in my ear "this is the lady that cuts my hair too short." I started getting nervous.


I took London to the bathroom so that I could peek at Kam and hopefully intervene if needed. HOLY COW...it was to late. She had shaved the back part of Kamryn's hair already. I don't know what she was thinking. It wasn't even a slight a-line, it was an extreme a-line and I didn't want K to have an a-line in the first place. Kind of funny how it was switched like that.


I was upset, but didn't want Kam to feel self-conscious, so I went on and on about how cute she looks. Of course she looks cute in any hair cut, but this is way too short for our taste. But, as the day has gone on, the haircut has grown on us. It's short, but will be easy to work with and will be comfortable in the summer.


At least her hair grows super fast! Next time, I am taking the girls to you, Lauren!

4 comments:

Jamie said...

I would call that girls manager. You deserve free haircuts for the rest of the year from that salon (of course not from the girl who cut it too short) It really does look cute though.

Anonymous said...

Oh no, sorry it's not what you wanted! But it does look super cute on her!! Of course your kids would look cute in any hair style! :) Love the easter dress page too! They look adorable! :)

Jackie B. said...

I think it looks adorable! :)

James and Lauren said...

hahaha... its still cute though. I will cut them anytime you want. :) and im free.. hahahaha... at least for you... ;) At least Kami has the kind of hair where you dont have to do anythign to it to make it cute... or that woudl really tick me off...