Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Life

We just had the most fun ward Christmas party this year. So much work went into every detail. The girls had so much fun. And, Sullivan didn't cry when he sat on Santa's lap :)


Sad, but funny story...
I took Sullivan in for his 2 week appointment a week ago. He was given his last PKU, where they prick his heel and squeeze some blood out. I had him swaddled and I was holding him to make it as easy as possible for him. The nurse was on her knees working on his heel while London was standing by the nurse watching. I was really focusing on Sullivan and trying to comfort him (though he was hardly crying) when I saw London laying on her belly in the middle of the floor. I thought to myself "Wow, that is a weird place for her to take a nap. She must really be tired." Again, my attention went back to what was happening and then the nurse finished up. I look over and London is still face first on the floor, so I ask "London, are you okay?" Then I hear her groan and say "Mommy." I put Sullivan down and went to pick her up and she was ghostly white. Finally, it dawned on me that she had passed out while watching the blood come out of Sullivan's heel. She proceeds to tell me that the blood made her feel sick. I guess this isn't so funny, unless you know Jeff and that he "got green in the gills" while Sullivan was being circumcised.

I just love his sweet profile!


Sullivan 3 week Facts
-Wakes up twice a night @ 2 a.m. and 6 a.m.
-Loves to be swaddled.
-When he is awake and alert, his arms are always moving.
-Has smiled for Jeff, though I have a hard time believing it was a full fledge smile.
-Sneezes come in two or three's, not a single sneeze yet.
-Loves the bath.
-The only time he really cries (other than when I am not quick enough with the bottle, and usually that is just a series of grunts and major hand sucking) is when I put lotion on him after his bath. He hates it and cries everytime!
-Very studious. When he is awake, his eyes are focused on you or something close (aka: Christmas Tree lights).
-Not fond of the binky (makes him gag), but I am still hoping.
-His hair is growing and is strawberry blonde. But, depending on the outfit, it can look very red at times.
-Is already downing 3 oz. every 2-3 hours during the day.

6 comments:

Seth and CarolAnn said...

What sweet pictures. It's so fun to read about how much you love him. When is his blessing day?

I feel bad for little London, but that is a very funny story. I didn't know kids that young were affected so much by blood!

rebecca said...

Oh dear! Poor London!

Sullivan is absoultely perfect. His little face is just beautiful You're going to have a very happy Christmas, aren't you? I can feel the LOVE from here. Enjoy.

Jodie said...

Uh oh! Another Cox baby with red in their hair! I couldn't figure out where my kids were getting the red from until I was told that Grandpa Cox (Sharon's dad) was a red head. Poor London! Guess we know that she won't be a nurse or doctor when she grows up!

The Mangelson Family said...

That still cracks me up about London passing out. She is definitely Jeff's daughter!! Sullivan is just so CUTE!! I can't wait to see him again. Oh yeah, I guess it will be okay to see you guys again, too. =)

Jackie B. said...

Poor little London...but it is kind of funny. I doubt Kevin will be in the room when we have kids (i'm going to try to make him) or have to do anything with needles or blood. he doesn't do so good.

Leavitt Family said...

I had a similar experience with Allison when I went to a Dr's appointment. She fainted when he was withdrawing some blood from me. Now she is TERRIFIED of going to the Dr's.

Sullivan is a very cute baby. Congrats!