Friday, March 20, 2009

Test holes, Dance party and sugar, sugar, sugar

We had some holes dug on our property to see if we could have an unfinished basement and it looks like it will definitely be possible. It is very rocky where we live and it is rare to have a home with a basement. Luckily, the ground we bought was originally farm ground and has been worked for many years so we didn't find many rocks. Yay! The girls had a great time getting dirty while we watched the holes being dug.






We have dance parties quite often (with just us, of course). I guess this dance party was quite different though because Kamryn opted to slow dance with Dad instead of the usual dancing. It was like watching my young 6 year old grow up within the 3 minute long song. I just wish she'd stay little...



I love catching precious moments like these on film. Kamryn feeding her baby brother a bottle in the morning, while lovingly rubbing his head. These two definitely have a special bond, always will.

Yay! Popcicle season is here. The girls beg me daily for one. After giving in to the plea's, I gave them each one and then continued to clean the kitchen up from lunch. After I was finished cleaning, I walked in to find this...

Their goes my goal of not having Sullivan taste sugar for his first year of life.

When Kamryn was little, not even two years old, she got a hold of a can of frosting. She snuck downstairs where Jeff caught her eating the frosting. He immediately took the frosting away and asked her "Are you eating the frosting?" Kamryn proceeded to look at Jeff and stated "sugar, sugar, sugar."

7 comments:

Jodie said...

Yay for the basement! Love the dance party. Cooper and I do that occassionally too. I love the pic of Sullivan with the popsicle. Too cute.

lesmisgirl said...

I love that picture!! You have to send me that one. I still love the sugar story--it's a classic along with "Shh...listen, ba ba's coming" and "Blasphemy" and "Dad, I'll give you ten bucks if you'll let me drive the car". Thanks again for coming on my birthday--it was an awesome surprise!!

rebecca said...

Sweetest picture ever! (The bottle feeding, head patting one).

Holly said...

i grew up having dance parties, had them in college, and now have them with my babies too!! so fun!

popedl said...

Wow! the property thing is going fast. I'm glad that you are building your life long home. and I'm especially glad you are using your common sense by making sure you have all the living space on one floor. Your lungs need looking after! I miss the kids Love grandma Pope

Unknown said...

you do capture some pretty cool moments on film!

congrats on the house, i must say...im a little bit jealous! that kitchen is huge and master suit-yes please! what I wouldnt give for my own closet! you might need to look into a maid service Jen :) we are so excited for you guys!

Jodi said...

Seriously - Sullivan needs to be a baby model - those eyes. He's soooo cute!!! And I'm so jealous of your basement!