Thursday, August 6, 2009

New York


Earlier this year, you may remember me mentioning that on one of Jeff's many business trips he was booted from a flight. Deep down this really frustrated me and I feel so guilty for even saying that because we've been so blessed and had a lot of fun because of that one incident.

Anyway, because he was booted off the flight, the airline put him up for the night in a hotel, provided meals and even gave him a voucher for a free flight anywhere in the US to be used within the year. Well, we are using the free flight for me to accompany him on a business trip to NY. Eek! I'm so excited! And, I'm not even costing Jeff's company a penny...which is something that I have a hard time doing (accepting free things).

Kids will be dropped off with Grandparents on Sunday and then early Monday morning we will be on our way to upstate NY for the week. I will need to work Jeff's booth while he contacts people during the days which actually sounds so much fun to me. Then in the evenings we will tour the area. The most exciting thing about this trip (besides that I get to be with my husband sans kids) is that I get to see the Sacred Grove and witness personally the spirit felt there. What a testimony strengthener this will be!

Now, I just need to conquer this fear of flying before we leave...

1 comment:

Jamie and Malorie and Clan said...

That sounds like soo much fun!!!! I wish Mal and I could take a trip to see some church history sights together minues little ones. That said, we will try and take advantage of time with Kammi and London and Sullivan this week, in part because we don't get to see them vry often and in part to help Ashley take care of them! Have a great week!

P.S. We were sad to be soo sick over the reunion, and are looking forward to having a better experience next year!