Monday, February 15, 2010

Christmas in February

Kylee (Van's birthmom)came for a visit bearing Christmas presents. She actually tried making this trip around the holidays during crazy weather and ended up with a car in the ditch, thankfully no one was hurt. I knew she had Christmas gifts, but I had no idea how spoiled everyone would be. I had prepped the girls that Van would be opening some presents and not to pull the "no fair" act. Usually they are pretty good, but we've had a few meltdowns when one girl gets to open presents and the other one doesn't and those experiences have left me nervous. As they brought the ton of presents inside, I realized that these gifts weren't just for Sullivan. They included a gift for each girl, which I appreciated so much (you'll see photos in a different post). They really didn't need to do it, but they did and it just makes my heart swell that they thought of them/us too.

He actually unwrapped this huge gift mostly by himself. He slowly ripped each piece of paper and then handed it to Kylee. Thank heavens one of my children likes to keep the place clean. Then when he unwrapped the exposed part of the truck, he got busy pushing the buttons. It is such a cute toy...it even has blinkers for when he turns and it is small enough that he can scoot around in it.




We haven't been able to see Kylee for a good 6 months or so, but that didn't stop Sullivan from getting close to her. He's such a loving boy!

Van also got to meet his Uncle Chance for the first time.

This is what he looked like after we watched them drive away.

2 comments:

kY said...

awww...he didn't want us to leave! That makes me feel good.....That was a good visit-It was nice to see all of you!

Jodie said...

Awww....those pictures brought tears to my eyes. I'm glad that y'all had a good visit. Thanks for sharing the pictures!!