Monday, July 19, 2010

My Dad


One of my most favorite memories from this 4th of July would be playing spoons with Jeff, my siblings and siblings-in-law and my Dad. (My Mom was watching all of the kids play outside, thanks Mom!)

We used to play spoons all the time, so playing this game after we haven't played in years was so much fun. I don't know what started it, Monte's talk about radiation and Danielle admitting to staring at the microwave till her food was done, or the way she shuffled cards (sorry Danielle, it was funny!)

But, we'd all start laughing and then we couldn't stop. My Dad has 2 laughs, one is a curtesy chuckle and the other one is a deep, wheezy, from-the-belly laugh. So, once we started laughing...the deep belly laugh appeared and we'd laugh some more, we laughed till we cried. It was so good to see my Dad laugh like that again, a laugh that I haven't seen for awhile.

No comments: