Thursday, April 5, 2012

Hello Orlando

After arriving in Orlando, we rented a van, checked into our suites and then proceeded on to accomplish my #2 most important thing to do while in Orlando. For some reason my top 2 things to do in Orlando involved food...so sad. Anyway, we attempted to go to Planet Hollywood where they have the most delicious lasagna I've ever tasted. It was so good that I've remembered it after all these years and I've only ate it once. So, on to Planet Hollywood we go. It is late and we are all hungry. The wait was 40 minutes, so we went ahead and got signed up on the list and waited. The music was sooo loud, the atmosphere was not great and I ended up getting flustered and told my family that we should leave. We left, everyone is really cranky now. They just want food. My bad! Little did we know at the time that 40 minutes of waiting would sound like a piece of cake after a week @ Disneyworld.

We go to Walmart and stock up on some food/water for our vacation. Then we see an Olive Garden across the freeway and decide to go eat there. We didn't end up making it there because Jeff saw a Friendly's Restaurant and pulled in at the last minute. At this point, I don't care, I just want food. On a business trip a while back he ate at Friendly's and ate a sandwich that he's never forgotten. We actually played a game to keep the kids entertained while traveling which consisted of your top #3 favorites of whatever we could think of ie: food, games, movies, books etc.,. Jeff listed this sandwich in his top #3 favorite foods. So, it was a must! I also ordered that sandwich and it was AWESOME!

Everyone seems so much happier after eating. Weird that food can put you in a better mood! ;)

The weather in Florida is amazing! After dark it was still in the 70's. It felt warm enough for the kids to go swimming. They had a blast! Even though it was a long travel day, we still had a great time and very much anticipated what was to come.


1 comment:

lesmisgirl said...

Whoo!! More, more!!