Monday, April 23, 2012

"Serving God and others persistently with full heart and soul turns testimony of truth into unbreakable spiritual strength." -Henry B. Eyring
Jeff was recently released from the Bishopric. In his testimony he stated that being released is bittersweet, somewhat like going home from his mission. He is excited for new opportunities to grow in different church callings, but he'll never forget these past 5 years 9 months and the blessings we've received because of his service. Life for us has changed. Kamryn was 4 years old and London was almost 2 years old when Jeff was put in the Bishopric. They've grown up knowing that if Daddy wasn't home or work, he was at church performing his duties. London took the news the hardest, she cried and felt sad for Jeff. I think she took it like he was being fired. After some explaining, she understands now but still worries that her Daddy is a little sad because he was released. I'm so proud of my husband, proud of his strength, hard work and dedication to his calling. But, I'm especially the most grateful for his time management skills and that he made his family a priority when he was at home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you blogged about this...what a great thing to remember! Such a cute picture of you two...Jeff looks extremely happy! :)

momma buck said...

I will never forget going to Sullivan's blessing. Seeing his dad there on the stand. Knowing that Sullivan would be raised by awesome parents! The spirit was so strong and I had no doubts that this was the greatest event that I would ever experience. I knew this was a strong ward that would help raise my grandson. I have no doubt that someday Sullivan's dad will be Bishop. Thank you both for being the strong loving family that you are! Love You Lots