Friday, January 4, 2008

I got the black lung pop

Today, I woke up with a bad sore throat. I just realized that I have been getting sick often, probably because I have a kindergartner now who likes to bring home a lot of germs. Recently, I accompanied Kamryn to her class and she had to stop by the community drinking fountain for a drink. I was watching her drink this little stream of water with her mouth as close as possible to the spout. I have no idea how many kids have put their mouth on top of that thing. Eww...she is now the owner of a water bottle that she can put in her backpack.


Our New Year's was low key this year, as it is every year. We stayed home with the kids and watched Stardust (which exceeded my expectations immensely), ate a lot of junk food, opened Christmas crackers (we forgot about them on Christmas Eve), went to a friends house and played a few board games, and we toasted sparkling cider at midnight, and set family and individual goals for the year. I was so excited that both girls stayed up till midnight, though London was very cranky the last 15 minutes.
I figure if the world knew my resolutions, then I might be more accountable for succeeding at them.
Here are my resolutions:
1. Make a nice family sit down breakfast at least 5 of the 7 days during the week.
This is something that Jeff wants me to do and being the good wife and mother I am, I am complying to his wishes. I have succeeded so far...waffles, pancakes, eggs, toast and scones so far this week. And, actually I think that I am saving a ton of money not buying all that sugary cereal.
2. Send birthday cards to family and friends.
I am really good at remembering someones birthday a few days after it has past. This year I will use my cute homemade card stash and send some loves your way...if I can remember :)
And finally...
3. Establish a job chore chart for the girls and follow through.
I am the mom who takes care of everything for my kids and I've realized that instead of making me look like a good mom, it has actually made my kids really lazy. I am still getting my 5 year old dressed, I brush her teeth, I bathe her etc.,. I have major control issues with letting my kids become independent, therefore we are starting with the basics because, frankly, I am so tired of cleaning up after them. London has developed the habit of saying "I can't" and I don't want her to grow up giving up, if that makes any sense at all. I am starting with a chore chart and hopefully I won't give in to their belly aching.
Wish me luck...


No comments: