Wednesday, January 30, 2008

some poundage was lost...

I joined an aerobics/pilates and kickboxing class with a friend this week and I LOVE IT! I've always avoided these type of things for fear of my oxygen tank getting in the way, being embarrassed by my HUGE tank of O2 and for not being able to keep up with the class because of my lung issues. However, I was so wrong. First off, the class is mostly filled with friends who know of my health and they don't care...they look beyond that green tank. Secondly, I go at my own pace when I need to (in the back row, of course) and, I can keep up mostly (well except for the sit-ups, but I am getting there). Another great aspect of this class is that they have a little gymnastics area that the kids can run around and have fun in. Both London and Kamryn love it!


I've lost 8 pounds in the month of January. Considering how much time I spent on the treadmill and how little I ate, I should have lost a lot more...meh! Hopefully with the addition of this new exercising class, I will really see some results (maybe not in weight loss, but muscle!).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YAY Jen!!! Congrats!! :) You are rockin' the exercising too!! I'm so glad we're doing it together!