Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Tastes like chicken

After visiting the fish hatcheries, we ate lunch at the local grill. We noticed the menu had several questionable items like sturgeon and alligator. At some point in your life, whether with friends or family, you will get on the subject of weird foods you've eaten. You know I am right! We had to try the alligator just for bragging rights. It was ewww! The waitress was way off when she said it tastes just like chicken, more like swampy fish. Jeff took about 15 minutes chewing his and barely managed to swallow. Kamryn said she liked it, though she only took one bite of it. London tried a bite, but didn't say much other than it was spicy.

My parents took the leftovers home and tricked all of my siblings into tasting it by telling them that Jeff barbecued and he would be offended if they didn't try it. Ha!

So now I've eaten alligator, octopus or squid (something with tentacles and really chewy) and chitlins. Jeff had a whole bull's tongue in Brazil. Just hearing him tell this story makes me want to barf. He was a new missionary and hadn't used the Portuguese language very much. They ate at a members home and they served the cow tongue. Jeff cleaned his plate and everyone started laughing. Finally they told him what it was. I can't imagine eating something not knowing what it is and then finding out it is something nasty. I would seriously get nauseous.



Also, I wanted to thank everyone for posting about what I should do with my hair. I haven't decided just yet except that I am not getting bangs. Bangs are trendy, and you have to style them daily. I want something low maintenance. I hope to have a new look in June.

5 comments:

Catherine said...

you know I haven't ever tried anything in particular horrible but I have to say you should have ordered the sturgeon, it is great! best tasting fish.. it doesn't taste or smell like fish! great stuff!

Aaron said...

Looks yummy? Not really. Good for you for trying something new. Everybody should do that at least once, however it sounds like you have been adventurous more than just once.

Adams said...

It is kind of fun to try something new. I love it. Some day I will try alligater too.

Anonymous said...

EWWWW...can I just say gross? Too funny about your parents taking it back to your family though!

Call me when you want to sew! :)

Jamie and Malorie and Clan said...

tasting something that tastes you back- kinda nasty!!!