Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Weekend with the parents

What a fun weekend we had! My parents decided to come and visit us for a few days. Though they like to be at home and my Dad gets slightly nervous in crowds and would rather avoid them altogether, they still came and got a hotel for a few nights. Yay! I really wanted them to have a good time. Friday night they wanted to babysit our kids for us so that we could have a date. I think they see me babysit a lot for friends and family (of which I volunteer and enjoy immensely), but never get a babysitter myself (though I have certainly been offered). They were pretty pushy about us going and leaving the girls with them and who am I to argue with that. So, when the girls were being majorly spoiled by Grandma and Grandpa, Jeff and I ate at Applebee's and watched Iron Man in the theater. Great movie! By the time we went to pick up Kamryn and London, they were so exhausted that they fell asleep on the way home.

Saturday was my favorite. We left early in the morning and hit a few fish hatcheries. I really didn't know what to expect, but it ended up being so much fun. Just watching the girls run around with Grandma and Grandpa and seeing my Dad have so much fun made the whole trip worth it! We found a couple fishing spots that Grandpa is going to take the girls to this summer some time.

After the fish hatcheries, we went to visit some fossil beds and a museum. The girls had fun digging in the sand trying to find bones. Then we went to lunch, but that deserves a post of its own...so stay tuned. The excitement of the day wore on the girls and we ended up separating so that they could get good naps in. When they woke up, we immediately went over to the hotel that my parents were staying in and we went swimming together. It was a great ending to a great weekend with my parents.







6 comments:

Catherine said...

Your family is so adorable.. generation after generation! I love the photo of London blowing on the weed ( I forget what they're called) and of Jeff holding her and pointing at the fish... you always seem to catch some great moments! Glad you guys a great weekend, there is nothing better than time spent with Grandma and Grandpa!

The Mangelson Family said...

How fun! Your parents are so awesome! That's good that they were able to come and stay a couple days with you guys.

Adams said...

It looks like you had a lot of fun. It is so nice to go out and knowing your girls are in good hands. I am here to to help baby sit for you too. Don't ever be affard to ask Clint and I; we would love it.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos Jen!!! Looks like you had a wonderful weekend and I'm so glad you did. :) Glad you went on a date with Jeff too!

Ray said...

Sounds like a great weekend!

Aaron said...

I love when family is in town. Where are these fish hatcheries? It sounds way fun!