Thursday, May 1, 2008

Never let me be near propane

I didn't realize that this was so funny until after it all happened. We wanted to BBQ for dinner, so I went to Walmart to fill up our propane tank. I brought it inside the store and the greeter said I was not allowed to bring the tank in the store. After I told her it was empty, she calmed down. She directed me to a place that fills up the tanks cheaper.


I arrive at the gas place, grab our tank and head inside the store. But, before I even open the door, one of the workers is rushing to open it for me. Okay, weird. He points me to a shack that I pull up to and get the tank filled. I decided to pay first though, so he took the tank from me and set it on the ground and we went inside. After I paid, he tells me that he has to go give the propane filler guy a leak guard and that he will carry my tank for me. All the while, I am thinking...wow, what a nice guy. I actually thought that maybe he was doing this because I was a woman and could use the extra help.


So, I drive over and sit and watch them converse and hook things up. Finally, he comes to my window and tells me that I can't have my car running when they fill it up (oh!). Then they finished and he carries it to my van, I open the van door and tell him to "just throw it in there." He looks at me, with his eyebrows arched and then climbs in my van and props the propane tank up against the seat/chair and makes sure it is secure. He tell me to drive carefully and I take off for home, glancing in my mirror I see him holding his hand to his heart.


I think I scared him.

No comments: