Wednesday, June 11, 2008

As promised...

The Birthday Girl herself, eating her favorite breakfast. She picked the ever so easy blueberry pancakes. Grandma makes her blueberry pancakes every time we visit, so as I am whipping up the batch Kamryn makes sure to tell me exactly how Grandma does it. Kamryn happily munched on frozen blueberries as I finished making the pancakes. Even after eating so many blueberries, she still downed about 4 pancakes. She loves her breakfast!

My goal for the day is to have as much fun as possible. I don't want one second of her day to be boring. After getting ready, we headed out for lunch at McDonald's. Since she had a huge birthday party the year before, I didn't feel it was appropriate to invite any friends this year. Lucky for us though, we saw several friends at McDonald's play place. This way she had fun with some of her friends, but they didn't even know it was her birthday so they didn't feel obligated to buy her a gift. It worked out great! Both Kamryn and London had a blast!

This cute dress and barrette were a present from Emily and Bryleigh. I knew the second I saw this dress that it would be her birthday outfit for the day. It is adorable (thanks Emily). I probably will be sewing a bunch of them for the girls soon enough.

After McDonald's we went swimming for a bit, but the kids were getting pretty tired at this point. We took off after about 30 minutes. When we got home, she had a package from her Grandparents and her Aunt Ashee waiting for her. She got $25 from one set of Grandparents (of which she bought one of those Barbie heads that you style their hair) and the other set of Grandparents got her a flutterfairy pixie (as she calls it) and a bunch of beginning reader books. Aunt Ashee got her a princess beginner reader book and a mermaid toy to play with in the water. She was soooo happy. And, just a side note...when did my little girl learn how to read! Of course she learned it in kindergarten and from us, but I've always had to help her sound out words etc.,. She turned 6 and all of a sudden she gets it...she can totally read all by herself and she can sound out the craziest of words. Wow!

I was really hoping that they would both take a nap because I am exhausted at this point. Instead, we play outside on her new bike until Jeff came home from work. Then we played outside some more. I think teaching her to ride a bike will take a bit, she seems very apprehensive about it.


Yes, she picked a Kid Cuisine for her birthday dinner (she did this last year too!). I don't know if I am offended that I haven't cooked meals that she loves and would want for her birthday dinner, or if I am proud that she chose a frozen entree because we never buy these things so it would be a "treat" to get one. It didn't matter though, it made my birthday girl happy.

After dinner, we went to T-ball practice and played at the park for a bit. Then we came home and had birthday cake and sang her Happy Birthday cha cha cha.

We also watched the new movie, Kung Fu Panda. We enjoyed it, however I did think that Tai Lung (not sure of his name) was very scary. My kids weren't as entertained by this movie as they have been with others, but it was still a good movie. I enjoyed the message behind it. All in all, Kamryn had a wonderful birthday. She stated that it was the best day of her life. I guess that means it was a success!

3 comments:

Catherine said...

Very cool! What a great day! Happy Birthday!(late)

Adams said...

I am glad that she had a geat day. We love you tons Kami

Anonymous said...

Looks like she had a wonderful day!! Love how your cupcakes turned out! :)