Monday, June 2, 2008

Weekend Warriors

We had a fun, but busy weekend. Jeff went to the father/sons campout and left us girls all alone. I think this is the only time of the year that he is sad that he doesn't have a son yet. While he was away, we went to McDonald's with Cherie and her girls. The girls literally wore themselves out playing in the playplace. It was easy to put them to bed...yeah! Jeff did end up coming home that night though and I was so happy because I hate staying by myself.

Saturday was a yard work day. We spent the morning outside pulling weeds that have gotten out of control. Actually, I've had no experience with yard work and I am still learning, but it was enjoyable. I have warned Jeff about our acreage though, he is in charge of the outside and I will be in charge of the inside.

After the yard work, both girls had a dance performance during a local festival. They looked adorable, as usual. I was afraid London wouldn't perform and I was partly right. For the first little while she just laid down on the ground (see picture below). Eventually she got up and did some major leg kicks and just looked like she was having so much fun. Kamryn did perfect. She had all the moves down to a tee and also looked like she had fun. Kamryn also entertained most of the kids while they were waiting to perform by doing leg kicks and jumps. She is quite the little leader.



After the big performance, we stopped for ice cream and to pick up some stuff from Costco. Then we headed home and tried out our new water slide. It was so chilly outside that I didn't think the girls would do it, but nope...wrong again (crazy kids!). We were able to snap several cute pictures and just enjoyed time together as a family.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh so cute!! Looks like that slip 'n slide was fun!! :) So when do you want to sew this week?

Catherine said...

So much fun! Good job girls on theh dance! And who can really think about how cold it is when there is a slip in slide! and don't worry, Jeff will get his boy and someday I will get a girl to stay home with me while they go the the father/son campout! (I hate being alone to!)

The Mangelson Family said...

Your family is so photogenic- even Jeff always has good pictures of him! Not fair! Anyway, that sounded like a lot of fun. You guys are such good parents!

Adams said...

I love the pictures. Thanks for going out with me and the girls. They loved it too.

Jamie said...

I love the action shot in the air. Too cool!

Jamie and Malorie and Clan said...

Great pictures!!!! Sounds like a lot of fun!!!

Lorraine said...

I love the picture of your oldest on the slip 'n slide. How cute!!! Congrats on losing the weight too. Way to go!