Monday, June 23, 2008

What you've been waiting for...

If you're not interested in all the fluff, just scroll down to see my new look. But, before you do...YOU'VE BEEN WARNED...it is WAY different than I am sure you (or I) imagined.

I am in a sewing group now and I thought I'd post my creation. Believe it or not, but shirring is actually pretty easy. I am just eating this fabric up, I love it! I've also made a couple of pillowcase dresses, but London cries everytime I try to put it on her (which is really odd because she LOVES dresses). After she cries, I give her the frowny face, you hurt my feelings look and she said "Momma, I don't like it" I pretend cry a little and then she states "I LOVE it." However, I still have not been able to get her to wear it. Oh well! Kamryn loves to make me happy and has worn all 3 creations to school and church. Next up is a skirt for the 4th of July...woohoo!


The girls got to be in their first local parade. It was so hot and I felt so bad for my kids, especially Kamryn whom walked the whole time. They loved all of the attention though.



Okay, here ya go...
Before




After

It seriously feels like I have a wig on! I told the beautician to do WHATEVER she wanted and this is what she came up with. We went with a darker color with blonde highlights to make my blue eyes pop. I love everything about my new hair, except for the bangs. Though, my bangs aren't so bad either. I can pretty much have them, or sweep them to the side and they still look okay. I know I said I wouldn't get bangs, but the beautician was pretty convincing. Now I'm thinking of a new reward for the next 10 pounds that I lose.

13 comments:

Aaron said...

Can I just say...SO CUTE!!! I love the bangs--they are so in right now. Look at you! Hot hip mamma!

Anonymous said...

You know I LOVE your new do!! And Kammi's dress looks SO cute on her!! You did a fantastic job with it! :) Have fun on your little trip tomorrow...we'll miss you here!

Tina said...

Hi Jen!! It was so great to hear from you. You have a beautiful family! Thanks for sharing. It's wonderful to get caught up after such a long time. You look beautiful!

Jodi said...

I LOVE your haircut!!!! And the bangs. I think bangs really bring out the eyes too. And the hair really shows your weight loss! How fun!

Jodi said...

Oh yah, what does Jeff think?

Catherine said...

We (both me and Tyler- he was reading over my sholder) said "oh wow!" and that was a very good wow! You look great! I wish I had your guts to just hand over the power to someone else and be OK with it! I love the bangs! I hope to loose 10 lbs some day! Congrats!

Stephen Paul Webb said...

I love the hair!

Cara said...

wow what a hip new do...i love it and how brave of you to let her do whatever she wanted! where did you go, I have no idea who is good around here.
i'm totally gonna have to get that dress pattern from you too how fun!

Jen said...

Jodi-
Jeff is totally indifferent about it. I think he likes it, but I am not sure he is just complimenting me cause I am his wife. He is more traditional, so I think he prefers me with the long, throw back in a pony tail hair style.

Cara-
Tammy @ Utopia (by Gold's Gym). She is awesome! Celeste, Emily M. and Jodie have all recommended her. And, the dress I made is a tutorial online @ kukyideas.com (shirred dress). It is way easy!

James and Lauren said...

I love the bangs! I am so glad she talked you into it.... I would have if i were her! Where was everyone this morning?!

Holly said...

Jen - totally, really, so cute!! I love it! It really looks good, the shape looks so good on you! I say its a keeper!!!

Jamie said...

OOOO Lala! Magnific, yeah...I'm a dork!
You look really good!

Jamie and Malorie and Clan said...

That parade reminds me of the E.R. Rodgers Dodgers and the Steilacoom Steamers from when Jeff and I were little. For some reason everytime we had a parade and were sitting on the fire engine it had a call and we had to get off so it could fight a fire somewhere. ( I think the firemen were just bored and tired of being in the parade). Way to go Kammi for walking the whole way!

Mal's first appointment is on Monday the 21st, right after our family reunion. We are really exicted. As for Twins well.... =)