Monday, July 7, 2008

4th of July

What better way to tell about our 4th of July than through pictures.

Homemade skirts made in a flash! If you look closely you can see the bottom of Kamryn's skirt has upside down fireworks. Oh well...they still looked adorable. And, both girls picked out their own fabric even!

Melanie started putting tattoo's on Kamryn when she was a toddler. Now everytime we get together Kamryn always asks Melanie for a tattoo. I am sure Melanie wasn't expecting this tradition to stick, but it did and thankfully Melanie is okay with it. Now London gets in on the action. I actually think it is kind of cool and wish I had something special like this to do with my nieces and nephews. Suggestions welcome!



Jeff playing with Katherine. Thanks Ash for taking such a cute picture!

The girls helped Grandma make homemade ice cream.

Jeff's younger brother Jamie, Malorie, Jamison (2 1/2), Becca (15 months). Malorie is 10 weeks pregnant.

Jeff's younger sister Melanie, Spencer, Kimberley (age almost 3) and Katherine (almost 1).




Scared of a sparkler...wrong. Bah (Becca) is fearless. We didn't figure this out until after the picture was taken, but she stepped on a used part of the sparker and is now sporting a pretty large blister on the bottom of her foot. Poor girl! Though, I do have to mention that she is one tough cookie...after a few minutes she settled right down. London once got a very small paper cut that required several bandaides and she cried for a few hours. Even the day after when she reminded me about the paper cut, she started crying again.


Spaghetti Eis...if you've never heard of it before, join the club. Luckily I have in-laws that have traveled/lived in Europe extensively and have raved about how yummy spaghetti eis is. And, of course I believed them because 1. It just sounds yummy and 2. They were right on when they said that London has the BEST chocolate EVER. I don't plan on traveling to Europe anytime soon (unfortunately), but luckily a new little ice cream shop opened at the mall where my in-laws live and they have spaghetti eis. Spaghetti Eis is gelato (rich ice cream) that is squeezed out of some contraption making it look like spaghetti on a plate. It is topped with shaved white chocolate and a raspberry sauce. Can I just say...mmm, mmm, good. It was yummy even though it was "americanized". I could have used more raspberry sauce, but I can't complain. It was way worth the extra 3 pounds that I gained because of it (amongst other things I ate over the weekend...Jeff's sister Melanie is a GREAT cook).

8 comments:

Jodi said...

Looks like you guys had a great 4th of July! Time spent with family is the best! Great pictures!

Adams said...

I sounds like that you guys had a great 4th. Some day I will try that too.

The Mangelson Family said...

Aww, thanks Jen! That was a fun weekend! Those were some really cute pictures.

Aaron said...

You guys are so much more fun than we are. The girls look adorable in their outfits. WTG!

Jamie and Malorie and Clan said...

Yep, Spaghetti Eis was good. It was fun having you guys come down for the 4th, and we look forward to coming your direction next week. Jamie

Cara said...

i love all the festive colors you guys wore....it never even crossed my mind to have us all wear red white and blue!! looks like you all had a good time!

The Chambers Family said...

I love your haircut, especially this bottom picture!

lesmisgirl said...

Sweet pictures... I especially like the one of Katherine :) (the one of me playing with the huge sparkler was cool too--mostly because I was playing with fire). We had fun didn't we? Hopefully next week will be just as fun (regrettably, without the fireworks).