Wednesday, July 30, 2008

2 family reunions and a partridge in a pear tree

We had a reunion for my side of the family at Island Park this year. We just recently started having reunions for our immediate family (my parents, my siblings and all of our kids). We usually have the huge extended family reunion every two years and in between those years, my parents come up with something fun for us. So, this year they rented a cabin which was right along the river. I was quite nervous that a child would sneak away from us and want to go swimming without the aid of a life jacket. So, after much prayer, I was able to relax a little. It is kind of funny that everything in my life right now is going in the right direction (we've been so blessed), and for some reason it makes me feel like something bad will happen. It can't all be this great, right? Until I have another trial, I will continue to be a worry wart I guess. Anyway, got off track there...the cabin was way cute, food was great and the water was refreshing. My parents took the kids on hikes, shared family history stories, played games with the kids etc., It was a relaxing vacation for me, except for the worrying part. We also rented jet skiis for a day and we had a blast driving them up and down the river. Jeff and I had a lot of time together, which is unusual for us. We (I, mainly) enjoyed beating Jeff at SLAP everytime we played. What can I say, other than that my Dad raised me on that game and Jeff had never played it before. Now, he knows how I feel when he beats me at Stratego all the time. Ha! Anyway, you know how much I love taking pictures and it was so difficult to pick just a few...enjoy!







Just to prove that I did in fact join in all the activities and that I wasn't behind my camera the whole time! Jeff and I got some quality jet ski time and it was way fun.

Ahh...here we all are. Don't look too close, this was taken after a day of jet skiing...we all look about worn out.

We tried our hardest to get a nice shot of all the grandkids with my parents and this is the best one. You can actually see Misty's hand on Case trying to make him stay.

4 comments:

Elder Buck said...

I LOVED this post!!! and I am jealous, what a great idea :) It was so great to see everyone, its been too long.

(Ashley from Chance's Blog)

Jodi said...

How fun!!! Looks like you guys had a great time. I can't wait until next year's BIG reunion (hopefully I'll be a little smaller). ;) And I love all the pictures!! Thanks for sharing - it's great to see your family.

The Mangelson Family said...

Wow! It looks like you guys had a lot of fun!

Da Franklin's said...

you always have the cutest pictures!! You are such a beautiful mother!!