Sunday, September 13, 2009

London's 5th Birthday!

London has been asking for quite awhile to go to a hotel for her birthday. I thought that the request sounded fun and different, so we went with it. London still has never had an actual birthday party (other than with family). I've felt a little guilty about this for awhile. So, we presented her with different options and she still chose a hotel.

We stayed at the Grand America in SLC, Utah and it was probably the nicest hotel I've ever stayed in (it was free too!). The first day we went to IKEA, Temple Square and the Church History Museum. The kids had fun, but they kept begging to go back to the hotel so that they could go swimming.


Unfortunately, I didn't bring my camera to the pool and I completely regret it. They had a couple of swim noodles, a floaty skateboard and a few lounging chairs that floated in the pool. We stayed in the pool until dark.

K modeling one of the plush robes on the balcony.

This hotel was so nice, it had a doorbell and even a velvet covered Do not Disturb sign.


The hotel wasn't the only surprise...we took the family to Cherry Hill in Ogden the next morning. The girls had a blast!




Ah...the lazy river was my favorite.

And a birthday isn't complete without cake and ice cream. The girls got a little carried away decorating the cake so it looks like a complete mess, BUT at least they had fun and it still tasted yummy.


1 comment:

popedl said...

She is really growing up, I love her so much. Love Grandma Pope